Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Catch up...

Ok so here is the latest and greatest... The last post was on Friday and about the magical fixed gear, so I guess I will start there. Saturday I wake up and get my skiiing stuff ready to go up on the hill. I take a few runs and my leg started bothering me so I called it quits early and went shopping for a whole lot of household stuff like silverware, mixing bowls etc.. I know, I KNOW, exciting stuff, oh well.
Anywho, I have been putting off getting new running shoes, so I finally did it and decided all at the same time I am going to run a marathon this year. MAN, not sure what I was thinking to start with but.... IT SHOULD BE A JOURNEY!


So Sunday roles around, it's freakin cold out on the Mountain and I don't wanna go ski because there has been no new snow. So I go ride the fixed gear, I know here we are back to the bike. I don't have pictures posted because I am using some borrowed wheels until mine are done. I do have the rear wheel, but when I got home Saturday, I got the mail and the envelope that had the lockring in it had ripped open! So still no go. Pictures soon though! ANYWAY, so I am riding on a borrowed rear wheel through some of the MOST BEAUTIFUL countryside imaginable. I hit the half way point, on my way home, up a hill and I hear it. That AWFUL, TERRIBLE hissing sound. Yep, flat tire EXCEPT THIS WAS WAY worse because it was a tubular tire. No way to fix it, so I start walking, cause its cold and I can't stand around waiting for someone in the middle of nowhere. I hitch-hike a ride into the next town and call a friend from there since I now have cell service. BUMMER.... All in all it was a good weekend... Monday was back to work and DODGEBALL!!! Yes I play in a league :)

No comments: